Thursday 6 August 2009

Enn priyamula thathavirku ethu samarpanam


There have been some enlightened souls in my early life,without them Iam nobody.The strong sense of faith in my religion and the know how of things was nurtured by my grand father,who was my first guru and from him I heard stories which shaped and groomed me as a person.I don't know whether I will have such patience as him and this blog with short stories from the epics is a dedication to this great soul who has been guiding me in all walks of life.

As I sat thinking of him i wanted to preserve these stories and crystallize it for two reasons.one is I don't know whether children will ever have an opportunity to hear stories from their grand parents like I did.It was all from memory.He never used a book to read from .It is amazing the volumes of stories he told me and he never repeated a story because i use to tell him to tell me a different one if he told me the same one.

secondly, these stories are with hidden morals which is appealing even for the adults.I remember his condition as well. he used to tell me a sloka, and then a story.the more slokas I learnt the more stories he would tell me.

So this blog is dedicated to him and for all the children who are already in this world and for the little ones who will arrive in this world in the future......